Mitts That Fit Care Sheet
Your new gloves are 100% wool and require special care. Here are some instructions on how to care for them. You can buy a special wool wash from most yarn stores which is recommended but not required..
- Wash in cold water on a gentle cycle. Do not wash on a regular cycle, as this will cause the mittens to shrink and felt which cannot be reversed.
- Wash only when it is absolutely necessary. If your mittens smell when wet please wait until they are dry before deciding to watch them. Wool can have a ‘wet dog’ smell when wet.
- Use a wool conditioner when possible. If not, use something without bleach or other harsh chemicals.
- DO NOT MACHINE DRY. After your mittens have been washed lay them on a flat surface on a towel and allow them to dry flat to prevent stretching. Putting them in the dryer will shrink them.
- If your gloves are tight in the fingers or palm, put the glove on and get it wet in those specific areas. Wool is a very elastic material that will stretch to fit your hand. If this does not work, feel free to return them for a refitting.
- Wash in cold water on a gentle cycle.
- Machine dry low.
- Only wash when needed to preserve the life of your gloves. Spot cleaning can be done with a damp rag and soap.